Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Doctor's Report

I'd thought I'd update you on my visit to the neuro-opthamologist yesterday. Things went pretty well. She is still amazed that I have 20/20 vision (with corrective lenses that I had before the whole incident). There was concern over the headaches that I have been having, and she increased my Diamox dose significantly for the next 10 days or so to quickly reduce the pressure in my head and then I will go down to twice a day dosing that I was on for most of last year. The beginning of this year we had tried to taper down my dose to once a day, but obviously that trial failed. My optic nerves still looked OK (for me anyway). No mention of a repeat MRI or anything was made. she did encourage weight loss again (like I haven't tried), as people who are overweight have mildly elevated intracranial pressures anyway. she did not attribute this (my Increased intracranial presure) to my weight at all, as we know it was caused by the blood clot. Well that's my news for now!

2 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Hi, Johanna. My girls are great at linking up all the blogs, so I'm happy to find yours. I didn't know the brain clot was still there, and am sorry you continue to have symptoms. I hope they can find a way to treat it so as to make your life more pleasant. It is fun to see the pictures of your kids.

Lynda/Mom said...

Joanna, sorry I misspelled your name--I think I have never really spelled it correctly, but now I'll remember.