Friday, September 12, 2008

Peach Days






This was our second year here in Brigham where we got to attend at least a portion of peach days. Last year I was so sick and hugely pregnant that I didn't go. This year we had to be in Salt Lake early Sat afternoon so we missed out on everything but half of Saturdays big parade. I have yet to travel down "fruit way" to get a bunch of peaches. Maybe tonight. This year BJ got to participate in both the JR parade Fri night and the big parade Sat morning. He was with the local cub scouts. They carry all 50 state flags in addition to the US, and troop flag. He was carrying New York both times. Andrew got to ride with the elementary school Fri night and Alex with the Future Rockettes. After the parade Friday we went downtown to all the activities. We ate downtown and then just walked around. Next year we'll know how to do some things differently and be able to enjoy more of the activities.

The kids are kind of hard to see. BJ is in the far side of the picture with the white shoes. Andrew is in the middle of the picture with the red helmet. He was having to focus really hard to not hit anyone with his bike because they were moving so slowly.

2 comments:

Laura Stringham said...

Peach Days! I swore I was going to go up there this year, but I am hugely pregnant this time and didn't make it. Looks like so much fun.

Jenny R said...

Sounds like fun - I love those community things. I don't even know what the New York flag looks like and I live here! LOL