Monday, October 20, 2008

For my Brother and Son



I was talking to Jared on the phone last night, and he got after me for not posting in a while. So here you go Jared. We haven't been doing much lately. School and work that's about it. That would be why I haven't posted in a while. I have been working on getting our house in order. Anyone have suggestions for decluttering for a hoarder? I just can't seem to get rid of most things, I am a very sentimental person.


On a happier note, Andrew the other day used some flavored tootsie rolls and made a little creation out of them. He was really excited about it and wanted me to take a picture and blog about it. So here is the picture of Andrew with his little creation. He had just as much fun eating it as he did making it. The best kind of project!

4 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Oh, Johanna, I also have trouble decluttering, so I feel for you. One of the best motivations for me was to help with moving an older couple in our ward several years ago. She had had a stroke, and they both had health issues. You would not believe the stuff that was in their house--mountains of gifts and wrapping paper that hadn't seen the light of day in years. It took about 3 days and several truck loads to clear the house. I keep thinking I don't want to put my kids through that. But with the economy sagging and concerns about the government in general this election, it is easy to think, "I might use that some day," and that is my tendency. Thanks for posting even though you are so busy. Aunt Lynda

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

We move so often, that I declutter with each move. I find that if I haven't used it or looked at it since we last moved, it can go. Even then, there is always more junk to unpack that I think is worth moving.

Grammyzanne said...

Love Andrew's creation. Good job Andrew.

Janet said...

Hey Andrew--wonderful creation. As for the decluttering, my favorite tidbit comes from Mary Ellen Edmunds who suggests keeping a photo album of those sentimental objects and titling it "Things I No Longer Have."