Monday, October 6, 2008

Growing Up Too Fast





Saturday was William's first birthday. I have a hard time believing he is one already! He didn't quite get opening presents, but sure loved what was in them. The older kids loved them too, it's amazing how fascinated they are with "baby" toys! I went a bit overboard on the cake - don't know that we can finish it even if we eat it every night for a week! I was yummy though. I don't know what possessed me to make it so big, but it was a good experience and has only fueled my desire to take cake decorating classes. I don't like the idea of my baby growing up! In many ways I wish he would just stay a baby! As president Monson said the one constant is change and I've vowed to enjoy the now more, so I will enjoy his discoveries with him and his triumphs when he walks the whole room without falling, and treasure them and store them up in my memories. Now I'm just getting sappy and teary so I'll stop. Enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Feed the cake to your cub scouts.
Loved the chocolate picture.
Glad President Monson's advice has meaning for you.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I enjoyed Pres. Monson's words too, I need that reminder often. Cute pictures! Happy Birthday William!

Barbara said...

Happy birthday William!! What a cutie. They do grow up way to fast. I can't believe he is already a year old. You're allowed a few tears over your baby growing up :)

Lynda/Mom said...

You're right to enjoy the moment! Each phase of life has it's joys, and I have been working hard to notice and remember them. Thanks for sharing with the family--gotta love the blogs!! Aunt Lynda

Janet said...

Happy Birthday to William! Thanks for the text message. Do you have a close up of the cake? I'd like to see the details.