Saturday, March 28, 2009

A visitor

Andrew went to let the dog out this morning and suddenly comes running back into our room asking if he can take a picture of the creature that is outside. Joseph and I hop out of bed and this is what we found:











We have a found evidence of deer in our backyard before, but never a deer. They have to jump fences to get in. I'm not sure what makes our yard so attractive. We are not even that close to the mountains. It has been a couple of hours since we first saw the deer. He did get up and eat some our ivy/grass, but then laid right back down. I wonder how long he'll stay?


5 comments:

Grammyzanne said...

I am amazed the deer is so tame. Peanut apparently didn't phase her - nor the picture taking. Someday I hope to get a picture of the deer visiting our yard. I've seen them just not with a camera in hand. I certainly have evidence as in eaten plants. Last year I was growing three kinds of leaf lettuce in a pot in our backyard. Two varieties were eaten and third was left alone.

Joanne said...

I'll trade you possums and skunks for your deer! But maybe you have those too. How long did the deer end up staying in your yard?

joanna said...

as soon as we let peanut out back(our toy poodle) and he started barking the deer was gone. I'm pretty sure we already have skunks, never want to see or smell them though!

Joanne said...

Right about that!

Erin said...

How fun! We had deer at Wymount and the U but they are both close to mountains. I bet the kids loved it!