Monday, January 6, 2014

getting back to "normal"

This past week has been about getting back to normal - of sorts.  We got all the Christmas decorations taken down.  Normally I feel a sort of emptiness when it comes down, this year I felt relief.  It just feels like there s space again.  I  will have to make sure a de-clutter a ton before next year so we don't feel so overwhelmed.  The kids started back at school on Thurs last week.  Most didn't seem to mind, Andrew seemed to have a hard time, but once it came down to it was fine.  I am not sure I am ready to be thrown back into the thick of school with all the needless homework, the projects, etc.

We got BJ an new (used) clarinet over the break.  We found one in the classifieds for rather inexpensive.  His original we didn't get the greatest since we didn't know if he would even stick with it.  We have had to have it repaired a few times and just before Christmas break he broke one of the keys.  We need to re-cork at one of the junctions on the "new" clarinet, but I think it sounds better than his old one.  Hopefully he will be able to play it easier too.

My breathing has gotten a lot easier.  I don't seem to need my inhaler as much, but still lose my breath easily when active.  Work is about to start in earnest so hopefully it will clear up soon.  We have just a few things left on Alex's room to do, unfortunately they are all the tiny details that take time and finagling.  I believe we decided to do the laundry room next.  It is in desperate need of insulation, and flooring since the washer leaked.  We were able to get our dryer fixed, so now that is off our replacement list.  Yay for a handy husband!

Hope you have a good week!


No comments: