Tuesday, January 21, 2014

run of the mill stuff

So i have a couple of weeks to catch up on.  I am not sure what has taken up most of our time, I guess just the normal day in and day out stuff.  We had our first activity days of this year and it was a "ketchup" day.  We went through all the girls Faith in God books and marked off all the stuff we did this past year.  I still have one girl to get to- there wasn't enough time to get to everyone in our hour - though we never seem to be able to keep our meeting to one hour.  I am not even sure where that time frame came from. May have to do some research to see what the official time frame is supposed to be.  I had some Article of Faith activities for the girls to work on while I pulled the individuals out.  My partner kept an eye on the rest of the group and helped them pass off some of their Aritcles of Faith.

Joseph has had a sore back/shoulder/neck for a few weeks and finally went to the doctor.  It turns out to be an inflamed muscle.  He was given muscle relaxants and naproxen.  He spent a few days at home last week trying to feel better.  The naproxen didn't really do anything for him so he switched to Ibuprofen.  After several days of the relaxant and round the clock Ibu he is feeling better.  He has to be constantly reminded to take it easy and not strain the muscle.  It gets harder as he feels better - he thinks he should be able to do stuff even though he still needs to rest it.

The kids are plugging away at school.  It is the season of projects it would seem.  Alex just finished a book report and now has to memorize a poem, Parker has a book report coming up; Andrew a science fair project; and BJ just finished a paper.  I am just trying to keep everything straight.The part that bugs me most is unclear expectations from the teachers.  Due dates half the time are missing and half the time seem to be fluid.  I wish there was just a paper telling when the project is due and a clear outline of what needs to be accomplished.

Winter is getting to me and I am just trying to make it through.  I find myself sleeping a lot.  I really need to try and be better about using my light therapy.  It does help but spending 30 min in front of it everyday sometimes seems impossible.

Well I think that is enough for now - have a good week!

No comments: